Are you thankful? During this time of the year, I have to step back and ask myself, “Am I really (I mean REALLY) thankful for what I have?” It is easy to get complacent. It is easy to complain. It is easy to be negative. It is easy to forget about all that I have. But at this time of year, be thankful for what you have and, as you read below, maybe what you don’t have or wish you had.
- I AM THANKFUL: FOR THE WIFE . . .
Who says it’s hot dogs tonight, because she is home with me, and not out with someone else.
- FOR THE HUSBAND . . .
Who is on the sofa being a couch potato, because he is home with me and not out at the bar.
- FOR THE TEENAGER . . .
Who is complaining about doing dishes because it means she is at home, not on the streets.
- FOR THE TAXES I PAY . . .
Because it means I am EMPLOYED.
- FOR THE MESS TO CLEAN AFTER A PARTY . . .
Because it means I have been surrounded by friends.
- FOR THE CLOTHES THAT FIT A LITTLE TOO SNUG . . .
Because it means I have enough to eat.
- FOR MY SHADOW THAT WATCHES ME WORK . . .
Because it means I am out in the sunshine.
- FOR A LAWN THAT NEEDS MOWING, WINDOWS THAT NEED CLEANING, AND GUTTERS THAT NEED FIXING . . .
Because it means I have a home.
- FOR ALL THE COMPLAINING I HEAR ABOUT THE GOVERNMENT . . .
Because it means we have freedom of speech.
- FOR THE PARKING SPOT I FIND AT THE FAR END OF THE PARKING LOT . . .
Because it means I am capable of walking, and I have been blessed with transportation.
- FOR MY HUGE HEATING BILL . . .
Because it means I am warm.
- FOR THE LADY BEHIND ME IN CHURCH WHO SINGS OFF KEY . . .
Because it means I can hear.
- FOR THE PILE OF LAUNDRY AND IRONING . . .
Because it means I have clothes to wear.
- FOR WEARINESS AND ACHING MUSCLES AT THE END OF THE DAY . . .
Because it means I have been capable of working hard.
- FOR THE ALARM THAT GOES OFF IN THE EARLY MORNING HOURS . . .
Because it means I am ALIVE.
- AND FINALLY, FOR TOO MANY E-MAILS AND TEXTS. . .
Because it means I have friends who are thinking of me!
From all of us here at Banning Engineering, Happy Thanksgiving! We give thanks for you – our families, our friends, and our clients!
Live Well, Laugh Often, And Love with All Your Heart.
~ Jeff Banning