Eastern Bartholomew Water Corporation 4.5 MGD Water Treatment Plant
- Eastern Bartholomew Water Corporation (EBWC) services much of the area surrounding Columbus, Indiana.
- EBWC was operating two package water treatment plants that had been repaired several times and were nearing the end of their useful life.
- Banning Engineering was chosen to help EBWC through the process of designing and building a 4.5 MGD horizontal pressure filter style water treatment plant.
- Additionally, Banning assisted EBWC through the Indiana State Revolving Fund (SRF) Grant Process as well as the process of rate increases through the Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission (IURC) and the Indiana Office of Utility Consumer Counselor (OUCC) which would ultimately fund the repayments of the SRF Grants.
- The initial plant buildout is designed to treat up to 4.5 Million Gallons per Day (MGD). The plant and site layout was designed such that the plant capacity could effectively be doubled to 9.0 MGD with minimum effort.
- In addition to the treatment plant, a 0.5 MG Concrete Clearwell was constructed with the project.
- Construction of the treatment plant was completed in 2020 and is projected to serve EBWC for the next 20 to 40 years.