A Survey Technician has a comprehensive grasp of surveying and engineering practices and has a desire to increase in that understanding. These practices include: drafting surveys; reading, understanding and writing land descriptions; and compiling research and field data for survey projects. Survey projects include: Easements, Original and Retracement Surveys, Construction Surveys, Surveyor Location Reports, Plot Plans, Subdivision Plats, Exhibit Maps and ALTA/NSPS Land Title Surveys. It is the responsibility of the Survey Technician to think critically and understand the complete project framework. Understanding the purpose or intent of the project aids the Survey Technicians responsibility to facilitate clear correspondence and transition between individual Survey Crew Chiefs and the Project Surveyor/Project Manager and to insure accurate and complete transfer of survey data. The survey tech is the first line of defense to find and resolve potential conflicts and errors before they culminate.
This is a full time position that reports to the Project Surveyor.
- Review and Analyze Field Notes and Field Data, Land Descriptions, Easements, Surveys and Digital Data using and online mapping and processing sources.
- Research and retrieve record instruments.
- Record survey and engineering documents.
- Draft ALTA/NSPS Land Title Surveys, Original and Retracement Surveys, Topographic Surveys, Easements and Exhibits utilizing Microstation V8i and AutoCAD Civil 3D per Project Surveyor or Manager standards.
- Review and understand Title Commitments.
- Compose appropriately worded and accurate land descriptions.
- Utilize GIS data and aerial photography from various sources.
- Organize and File all items used in any project for future recall.
- Communicate and Coordinate with Project Surveyors and Project Managers to insure a complete, timely, precise product within the allotted budget.
- Perform occasional Field Work.
- Associate’s degree in Surveying preferred.
- Experience in AutoCAD Civil 3D required.
- Experience in Bentley/Microstation preferred.
- Knowledge of Trimble products preferred
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office products.
- Candidate will work in a drug free environment and will have to submit to an initial screening.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and as team members.
- 100% Employer Paid Medical and Prescription Coverage with a choice of plans
- 401K Plan
- Employer-Paid Short and Long-Term Disability
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wellness Program Including On-Site Health Screenings
- Paid Time Off Program (including Vacation, Jury Duty & Bereavement)
- Employee Tuition Program
- Dependent Tuition Program
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Volunteer Paid Time Off
- Flexible Working Schedules
- Paid Gym Membership
We hire based on character as well as experience.