Banning Engineering is an award-winning, multi-dimensional civil engineering and surveying firm that offers a wide variety of services including site engineering, hydraulics & hydrology and land surveying. For more information about Banning Engineering, visit www.banningengineering.com.
Summary: The role of the Project Surveyor is to organize, coordinate, and manage projects which include a broad range of assignments requiring knowledge of surveying/mapping. This includes writing legal descriptions, drafting plats and surveys, resolving boundary issues, cost estimating for project proposals, and managing survey projects. To support these responsibilities, the individual should possess good organization, time management, interpersonal, and communication skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Completes technical mapping and final drawings for agency submittals and specifications for approval.
- Conducts research and analysis, title reports, ROW/E, Land Title Surveys, topography, and mapping.
- Performs boundary calculations, analysis, and field support calculations.
- Reads, researches and interprets deeds and maps.
- Performs boundary analysis, and determinations.
- Drafts legal descriptions.
- Prepares easements, plats and surveys.
- Manages project budget and reports project results to management as directed.
- Analyzes project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization on an ongoing basis but no less than monthly and at project completion.
- Assures project legal documents are completed and signed.
- Manages project scope and modifies pricing and agreements, as applicable due to scope changes.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Indiana State Surveyor Licensure is preferred.
- 5+ years experience in topographic surveys, design surveys, land survey plats, subdivision plats, Land Title Surveys and construction surveying.
- Knowledge of common boundary establishment methods and analysis.
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D is a must.
- Microstation, Geopak, GIS experience is preferred.
- Must be able to cultivate and develop client relationships, work independently, and also possess the ability to manage projects
- Strong written and oral communications.
- 100% Employer Paid Medical and Prescription Coverage with a choice of plans
- 401K Plan
- Employer-Paid Short and Long-Term Disability
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wellness Program Including On-Site Health Screenings
- Paid Time Off Program (including Vacation, Jury Duty & Bereavement)
- Employee Tuition Program
- Dependent Tuition Program
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Volunteer Paid Time Off
- Flexible Working Schedules
- Paid Gym Membership
We are a firm that hires based on character as well as experience.