The role of the Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes appropriate organization resource utilization and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle. Primary focus could be in any of the following areas: storm water, dams and levees, municipal road design, utilities, or related municipal services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
Project/ Practice Management
- Creates, executes, and revises project work plans as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to client.
- Effectively applies our methodology and enforces project standards.
- Ensures QA/QC procedures are followed.
- Minimizes our exposure and risk on project.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Ensures project is set up in Vision with adequate information on contract, client contact, terms, etc.
- Tracks and reports team hours and expenses on a weekly basis.
- Manages project budget and reports project results to management as directed.
- Determines appropriate revenue recognition, ensures timely and accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables for project.
- Follows up with clients, when necessary, regarding unpaid invoices.
- Analyzes project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization on an ongoing basis but no less than monthly and at project completion.
- Understands basic revenue models, P/L, and cost-to-completion projections and makes decisions accordingly.
- Understands our pricing model and billing procedures.
- Accurately forecasts revenue, profitability, margins, bill rates and utilization.
- Assures project legal documents are completed and signed.
- Manages project scope and modifies pricing and agreements, as applicable due to scope changes.
- Identifies business development and “add-on” sales opportunities as they relate to a specific project.
- Leads proposal efforts including completing project scoping.
- Effectively conveys our message in both written and verbal business development discussions.
- Facilitates team and client meetings effectively.
- Holds regular status meetings with project team.
- Keeps project team well informed of changes within the organization and general corporate news.
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors.
- Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- BS in Civil Engineering, Land Surveying is required. State Licensure is preferred.
- 5+ years experience in project management
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D is a must.
- Microstation, Geopak, GIS experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in people management.
- Strong written and oral communications.
- 100% Employer Paid Medical and Prescription Coverage with a choice of plans
- 401K Plan
- Employer-Paid Short And Long-Term Disability
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wellness Program Including On-Site Health Screenings
- Paid Time Off Program (including Vacation, Jury Duty & Bereavement)
- Employee Tuition Program
- Dependent Tuition Program
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Volunteer Paid Time Off
- Flexible Working Schedules
- Paid Gym Membership
Please fill out the application here.