Interested in working on a variety of engineering projects? This job is perfect for you! This opportunity will give you the exposure to an array of different projects, site visits, and client contact. Plus, you will have a dedicated mentor! Read on….
Banning Engineering is an award-winning, multi-dimensional civil engineering and surveying firm that offers a wide variety of services including site engineering, transportation, hydraulics & hydrology, land surveying, and asset management. For more information about Banning Engineering, visit www.banningengineering.com.
Summary: This is a full-time position that will assist engineers by performing the routine aspects of civil engineering assignments, subsequently providing familiarity with the programs, staff, and operating procedures of the company. Primary focus would be in the Municipal Group working with municipal clients in multiple disciplines including: Site Planning & Design, Road Design, Storm Water, and Water & Wastewater.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
• Provides CAD drafting support for Project Managers and Engineers during the planning, design, and construction of a wide variety of projects.
• Performs civil design calculations, sketches, technical comparisons and similar technical work as required by assignment.
• Coordinates project assignments with those of other engineers and technicians in his/her discipline group.
• Reviews drawings supplied by vendors, clients, and engineers and architects and recommends necessary changes.
• Researches code issues and works with City, State, and County officials.
• Researches design options and documents findings for Project Engineers and/or Project Managers.
• Assists with other duties assigned by Project Engineers and/or Project Managers.
• May attend design review meetings, and interact with clients as his or her level of experience progresses.
• BS in Civil or Agricultural Engineering.
• EI certificate, or ability to obtain within six months is preferred.
• At least one summer internship in the civil engineering industry is preferred.
• Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D or GIS is a plus.
• 100% Employer Paid Medical and Prescription Coverage with a choice of plans
• 401K Plan
• Employer-Paid Short And Long-Term Disability
• Employer Paid Life Insurance
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Wellness Program Including On-Site Health Screenings
• Paid Time Off Program (including Vacation, Jury Duty & Bereavement)
• Employee Tuition Program
• Dependent Tuition Program
• Professional Development Opportunities
• Flexible Working Schedules
• Paid Gym Membership
We hire based on character as well as experience. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.