Summary: This is a full-time position that will assist engineers by performing the routine aspects of civil engineering assignments, subsequently providing familiarity with the programs, staff, and operating procedures of the company. Primary focus could be in any one of the following areas: Site Planning & Design, Storm Water, Water & Sanitary Sewer, or Dams & Levees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Performs civil design calculations, sketches, technical comparisons and similar technical work as required by assignment.
- Coordinates project assignments with those of other engineers and technicians in his/her discipline group.
- Reviews drawings supplied by vendors, clients, and engineers and architects and recommends necessary changes.
- Researches code issues and works with City, State, and County officials.
- Researches design options and documents findings for Project Engineers and/or Project Managers.
- Assists with other duties assigned by Project Engineers and/or Project Managers.
- May attend design review meetings, and interact with clients as his or her level of experience progresses.
- BS in Civil or Agricultural Engineering is required.
- EI certificate required.
- At least one summer internship in the civil engineering industry is preferred.
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Experience with stormwater modeling is a plus.
- 100% Employer Paid Medical and Prescription Coverage with a choice of plans
- Simple IRA Plan
- Employer-Paid Short And Long-Term Disability
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wellness Program Including On-Site Health Screenings
- Paid Time Off Program (including Vacation, Jury Duty & Bereavement)
- Employee Tuition Program
- Dependent Tuition Program
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Flexible Working Schedules
- Paid Gym Membership