Banning Engineering is an award-winning, multi-dimensional civil engineering and surveying firm that offers a wide variety of services including site engineering, hydraulics & hydrology, land surveying, and asset management.
Summary: This is a full-time position that will assist engineers by performing the routine aspects of civil engineering assignments, subsequently providing familiarity with the programs, staff, and operating procedures of the company. Primary focus would be in the Municipal Group working with municipal clients in multiple disciplines including: Site Planning & Design, Road Design, Storm Water, and Water & Wastewater.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Performs civil design calculations, sketches, technical comparisons and similar technical work as required by assignment.
- Coordinates project assignments with those of other engineers and technicians in his/her discipline group.
- Reviews drawings supplied by vendors, clients, and engineers and architects and recommends necessary changes.
- Researches code issues and works with City, State, and County officials.
- Researches design options and documents findings for Project Engineers and/or Project Managers.
- Assists with other duties assigned by Project Engineers and/or Project Managers.
- May attend design review meetings, and interact with clients as his or her level of experience progresses.
- BS in Civil or Agricultural Engineering.
- EI certificate preferred.
- At least one summer internship in the civil engineering industry is preferred.
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D, stormwater modeling, or GIS is a plus.
- 100% Employer Paid Medical and Prescription Coverage with a choice of plans
- Simple IRA Plan
- Employer-Paid Short And Long-Term Disability
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wellness Program Including On-Site Health Screenings
- Paid Time Off Program (including Vacation, Jury Duty & Bereavement)
- Employee Tuition Program
- Dependent Tuition Program
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Flexible Working Schedules
- Paid Gym Membership