GIS Field Data Collection Technician
Summary: Seeking a highly motivated individual to collect GIS data in the field, transfer the data, and learn to create maps. Data collection includes a mix of office work and work in the field to locate physical infrastructure. This individual must be highly motivated to work both independently and within a team of engineers, and surveyors to provide geospatial services to clients in Indiana.
This full time position reports to the Project Manager, Asset Management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for mobile data collection in the field using various technology (PCs, tablets, GPS, etc.). Mobile data collection includes:
- Using an IPad and GPS unit (Trimble R2 GNSS Receiver) to locate all points (manholes for storm and sewer) based on recorded data. Verify or update data with exact locations.
- Pulling manhole lids to inspect pipe inverts, taking invert depths using V-Depth, inputting visual data including direction of pipes, material of manhole, pipe condition, pipe size, etc.
- Preparation and delivery of GIS maps for a variety of engineering needs.
- Update numerous GIS datasets and templates.
- Evaluate data from multiple sources to determine the quality and ensure data is clean and accurate.
- Daily interaction with clients and project managers.
- Experience in utility installation, surveying or construction is preferred.
- Experience with GPS data collection, map design, and report generation in a GIS environment is desirable.
- Proficient in the use of office hardware and software (PCs, Tablets, Microsoft Office Suite, Google Earth).
- Basic Trimble and/or GIS experience or willingness to learn is a plus.
- Work indoor and outdoor under variable conditions.
- Local candidates preferred.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- This position does not offer visa sponsorship.
- 100% Employer Paid Medical and Prescription Coverage with a choice of plans
- Simple IRA Plan
- Employer-Paid Short And Long-Term Disability
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wellness Program Including On-Site Health Screenings
- Paid Time Off Program (including Vacation, Jury Duty & Bereavement)
- Employee Tuition Program
- Dependent Tuition Program
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Volunteer Paid Time Off
- Flexible Working Schedules
- Paid Gym Membership